I’ve been stuck in a rut for a while when it comes to posting/ideas. And I think I finally figured out why… here’s the deal…
– I was working at a job that I hated. I know it’s bad to say that but every second I was there, the negative energy sucked my spirit away
– I switched jobs and since I am resistant to change, it took me almost 2 months to start to feel like myself again
– It’s difficult to come up with new ideas on a daily basis, so I will post sporadically, when I’m inspired
– Using my own photos. I was insistent on waiting until I could get a DSLR, but maybe the photos don’t have to be professional quite yet. I’ll edit my digital photos – duh, I know Photoshop so I can edit them my way and they don’t have to be perfect – lightbulb!!
– I’d like to continue to inspire by curating the lovely things – instead of being so hard on myself – sometimes I’ll just post one or two lovely photos instead of ten
Now for the fun! Here are some lovely summer pics – enjoy each day!
This time of year is for nesting. I stay indoors a lot and my pinterest obsession is in full gear. Here’s what I’m pinning now – in preparation for the shorter days to follow and just because!
What a delicious recipe – whole grain pumpkin pancakes with apple maple compote.
image via honey and jam
Time to pull the animal print out of the closet!
shoes via Emerson Fry
Rustic chic dining. Perfect for Thanksgiving Turkey!
image via poppies and posies
This is a possible hallowe’en costume for me – love the big spider!
I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award thanks to Fat Girl Getting Fit. You must visit the blog for some motivation on losing weight and to try the delicious low calorie recipes!
This is the deal with receiving such a nomination:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you – done
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere. – done
- Tell us 7 facts about yourself.
- I was born and raised in Toronto Canada
- I have the most amazing man in my life
- The cute little dog in my Gravatar photo is really named “Princess Alexis” a.k.a. Lexi
- I am a Design Co-ordinator and Graphic Designer for the food industry
- I love wine and cheese – oh and of course CHOCOLATE!!
- I have big dreams for my tiny apartment, which I hope to document on my blog
- My passion for interior design, styling and photography has never dwindled
Now, nominate 15 others blogs you like. Mine are in no particular order
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination. On my way!
I can’t believe I completed 100 posts. I originally started this blog to share my love for home decor. And then I discovered that I love great photography in general. It’s amazing how blogging has changed my life. I now know that I want to evolve into a better designer. A better “curator” of lovely things. I also want to be a better blogger.
If you have any suggestions on photos you’d like to see, or feature articles, etc. I’d love to hear from you!
Photo by awelltraveledchild.tumblr
It is supposed to be 16 degrees in Toronto this weekend and its daylight savings time. Spring is almost here!
The name is German and it means “friends of friends” in English. They are an international online interview magazine. They document the daily lives of the creative community. The imagery is compelling. The impression of urban living is innovative. The people are real. You simply must check out their site here.
When we hear Swedish Christmas, we might automatically think of IKEA – which isn’t a bad thing, but I’ve noticed that many Swedish bloggers are decorating their homes in pure white or white with black accents. Their Christmas decor is almost as monochromatic as their home – add a simple green wreath, some white candles, bright lights and voilà – you have a serene and lovely Christmas in Sweden!
At Chez Larsson, the decor is calm for Christmas – sans the glitter.
This is an Adventskrans, or an Advent Wreath from Mittvitahus.
Simple and festive.
Pass the Glögg please! I love this vintage tray and glassware
from HOUSE of PHILIA!
Glass, white candles, winter branches, pinecones and stars are a very subtle reminder of the holiday in this classically elegant living room
at HOUSE of PHILIA.
I saw Victoria Smith’s gorgeous San Francisco diggs while browsing Apartment Therapy one day. She has a great blog that I have been following for a while now and she is the inspiration for the black wall in my bedroom!
Why it works: White candles – they match with everything; Tinsel and silver – adds holiday sparkle without overwhelming the aesthetic of her furniture and interior decor; Vintage-inspired glass votive holders add extra glam for the holidays; The toy reindeer and Ho Ho Ho garland add whimsy but still look modern and chic!
The entire magazine is eye candy, as well as a great source for holiday decor inspiration and gift ideas.
I love white for Christmas. It reminds me of a fresh snowfall, the kind we always wish for on Christmas morning…
Click on images for their sources.