I’ve been stuck in a rut for a while when it comes to posting/ideas. And I think I finally figured out why… here’s the deal…
– I was working at a job that I hated. I know it’s bad to say that but every second I was there, the negative energy sucked my spirit away
– I switched jobs and since I am resistant to change, it took me almost 2 months to start to feel like myself again
– It’s difficult to come up with new ideas on a daily basis, so I will post sporadically, when I’m inspired
– Using my own photos. I was insistent on waiting until I could get a DSLR, but maybe the photos don’t have to be professional quite yet. I’ll edit my digital photos – duh, I know Photoshop so I can edit them my way and they don’t have to be perfect – lightbulb!!
– I’d like to continue to inspire by curating the lovely things – instead of being so hard on myself – sometimes I’ll just post one or two lovely photos instead of ten
Now for the fun! Here are some lovely summer pics – enjoy each day!
August McLaughlin said:
Isn’t it remarkable how feeling stuck in one area of life causes stuckage in others? I hope all great things are on the horizon for you. I love your inspiring posts and photos. You’ve been missed!
Thank you so much August! Your words are encouraging.
These are lovely summer photographs, Mona! Beautiful.
It’s nice to hear you have a new job – I hope it’s so much more fulfilling. : )
Thank you so much! It is more fulfilling but I have to start creating more of my own original material – for myself – if I can blog about it, bonus!
Lemony (Gr)Egghead said:
A great set. Good luck with everything, Mona. All best wishes to you.
Thank you, and to you as well!
Gigi Galore said:
I know that feeling of not feeling like ourself immediately after positive change. But it passes, thankfully! hooray! We can never lose ourselves, really! 🙂
Amy Lynne Hayes said:
Love the photographs here! Can definitely relate to lack of motivation – when your life is in a transition stage and it’s not quite comfortable yet, sometimes just getting out of bed and making it through the daily routines can feel like an accomplishment! I guess that’s why they call them “adjustment periods”. 🙂
Yes, I was in an adjustment period! Good way to phrase it!
Glad to have you back! I’m looking forward to inspirational posts. And good for you quitting a job you hated. I hope things have settled more for you now.